If you are absent on a day that we took notes, it is your responsibility to get the notes from someone and to show me those notes in order to get credit. this needs to be done within one week from the day you missed. Also include this form with the notebook page you made up.
Table of Contents
--Scientific Method Notes
- Mythbusters worksheet (If absent only do the first page) Conversions Worksheet
-Measurement lab glues onto page 4 if you were absent here is the makeup assignment (write about measurements)
-density lab if you were absent here is the makeup assignment
- Chemical and physical properties notes
- chemical and physical changes lab if you were absent here is the makeup assignnment
- Conservation of mass if you were absent here is the makeup assignment
- Mixtures notes and review for test
- Test and Atomic Theory timeline
- Subatomic particles notes and Subatomic particles notes continued
- Atomic number and isotopes notes
- Isotope demo and notes, atomic number worksheet
- watch this video, and part 2 of the video. Then choose 6 scientists. Write two sentences for each scientist you choose about how they contributed to the atomic theory.
- wave model of electrons notes
- Flame test lab. (If you were absent do this makeup assignment write about how different elements emit different colors when placed in a flame). Atomic theory test review
-Line Emission Spectra Internet worksheet , use this link to help you
-Line emission spectra lab. If you were absent use these pictures to help you complete the worksheet. Watch this video and write a few notes about it.
-mythbusters worksheet, if you were absent write about the parts of the scientific method and their importance in performing an experiment.
-wave mechanical model notes
- Electron configuration notes
- Electron configuration activity instructions, electron configuration activity worksheet, Valence electrons notes
electron configuration worksheet , Octet rule and ions notes
review for test
Test, then watched this video, write at least 10 facts you learned about elements from the video in your notes.
Watched Hunting the Elements, If you were absent do this makeup assignment write about the periodic table and the arrangement of elements
- arrangement of periodic table notes, blank periodic table, label the metals, nonmetals, and metalloids
- Ionization energy notes, reactivity trends worksheet/lab
-Periodic Trends worksheet
- Notes on Ions and Ionic compounds and Ions worksheet
-Naming ionic compounds notes
-worksheet #1 on ionic bonding
- worksheet #2 on ionic bonding
-Review worksheet for Ionic bonding test
Ionic compounds test
-Covalent bonding notes and ionic vs. covalent bonding worksheet
- Naming covalent compounds notes and naming covalent compounds worksheet
-Covalent vs. ionic compounds worksheet
Element Research Assignment, Choose one element of your choice from the periodic table
- Molecular geometry notes and molecular geometry worksheet
- Polarity notes.
polarity worksheet, and covalent vs ionic bonds lab. If you were absent do this makeup assignment in place of the lab, and write about ionic vs. covalent bonds.